April 2013 - Monthly Challenge - Shooting through glass

So sometimes you just aren't able to take pictures close up and there are times when you have to shoot through glass.  Sometimes its through circumstances and sometimes it's because you want to challenge yourself.  This past month has been an interesting month.  I'm still working on catching up but I think I'm almost caught up and I look forward to staying on top of things.  I hate getting behind on my pictures and I use this blog as a place to share my growth and as a way to share pictures with friends and family who live so far away. So I'm sorry that this has just been a slow process.  

So I'm taking a couple of old pictures of things that I've taken through glass and then also some more recent photos from this challenge.  

Sometimes you are traveling and you aren't able to get out of your transportation and you just have to take pictures. 
 I took this picture in Ireland when we were on a tour with all the girls in my family.  We happened to see the rays of the sun spilling through the clouds and it's still one of my favorite pictures.  This was taken with my Sony camera that I got from my aunt before I left for Japan.  I loved that camera.

This picture was taken in Japan.  We were driving through a rice field and the mosquitos were really bad so getting out wasn't an option and because we were on a narrow road and John was afraid that we were going to run into some other cars so I quick took this pictures. 
 This pictures is from the Lantern Festival we were in the train about to leave and we could see all the lights and lanterns from the train it was really neat.
 Then there are those precious moments where you can only capture babies first pictures but they are in the nursery.  It's not always the best pictures because you can't get up close but at least you have those first sweet little memories.  My friend had a little baby almost three weeks ago and she was so tiny and sweet.  I can't wait to take more pictures of her.

Please continue through this blog circle to see how others have looked at shooting through glass from some of the most amazing women, I am excited to get to know on this year journey.  Starting withGina, I know that you will enjoy her post.

Blog circle list    AngieGina Yeo  |  Megan Rose | Sarah |Ana |Pam Erica  

Comments

  1. Gorgeous pictures! You've sure had some amazing travels.

    Erica
    lovebabylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been really blessed to travel to the different places I've been. Super thankful for an adventurous husband because I wouldn't necessarily leave the house.

      Delete
  2. These are just lovely! Love those rays in the first one and that baby IS precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely love the rays in the first one...I have yet to find a moment and a place that since. That baby is so sweet and so tiny. It makes me almost want to have another baby. Maybe I'll just take up being a great aunty.

      Delete
  3. I love the variety you included. The first photo is so serene and the light is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas, Caristy! I'm jealous of you for getting to travel to so many interesting places :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caristy, I love traveling through your pictures! Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. That breathtaking view in Ireland must have been awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ireland was amazing. We went in February and it was amazing how green everything in Ireland was. It was absolutely stunning...can't imagine what the weather would have been like had we gone when it was just a little bit warmer. Thank you Megan!

      Delete
  6. oh my, that one from Ireland is beautiful! I, too, have taken many photos through the window of my car. You have a wonderful collection of amazing places here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you do what you have to do...it's not a bad thing. Sometimes I would rather get the memory (okay most of the time) rather than get it perfectly composed or technically perfect especially if I'm not able to get perfect.

      Delete
  7. Takes me back Caristy. Such a fun trip. So much has happened since then!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts